We all want to receive lovely comments on our blogs! It’s a great way to interact with our readers and to know that they really appreciate our blog posts. So, it’s normal to have your comments enabled so you can stay in touch with the people who follow you and why not, to learn a lot of new things from them.
But what happens if you want to disable the comments only for a single post? For example, you want to share with your readers some goodies, so you host a giveaway where they can enter by commenting on your article. When the contest will be over, you wouldn’t want to receive any other comments on that blog post, so you should disable the comments section. In this article, I’ll show you how simply you can do this in WordPress.
How to turn off comments for a blog post?
First, you’ll have to enable the discussion panel for your blog posts:
- go to Admin Dashboard > Posts
- choose the post you want to edit
- click Screen Options (in the upper right corner of your post editor); this button will toggle down a panel with other options
- click Discussion to activate the Discussion panel on your post
Then, you’ll have to disable the comments from the discussion panel:
- scroll to the bottom of the page to reach to the Discussion panel
- disable Allow Comments
- click Update to save your change
Tadaaaa, easy-peasy right? Now all you have to do is to check that the comments form is disabled for your blog post and don’t worry, you should still be able to see the old comments there 😀